Please Read this Page Before You Go on Your Cruise.
*Please see if your country needs a Visa Customs
Bahamian Consulate Contact Information
- Miami Tel: 305-373-6295
- Fax: 305-373-6312
Contact the Bahamian Consulate for Your Specific Requirements
In order to enter The Bahamas, visitors from Britain and Canada must have a passport to show proof of citizenship. Under new Homeland Security regulations, U.S. travelers are required to have a valid passport to re-enter the United States.
Onward or return tickets must be shown to immigration officials in The Bahamas. Citizens of other countries, including Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand, should carry a valid passport when traveling.
The Commonwealth of The Bahamas does not require visas. Upon entering The Bahamas, you’ll be given an immigration card to complete and sign. The card has a carbon copy that you must keep until departure, at which time it must be turned in. You will be required to pay a departure tax before you can exit the country.
- Visitors are strongly advised to collect receipts for all purchases made in The Bahamas.
- You must also declare all gifts received while abroad.
- If you purchased an item during an earlier trip abroad, carry proof that you have already paid Customs duty on the item at the time of your previous reentry.
- It is advised to compile a list of expensive carry-on items and have U.S. Customs stamp the list at the airport before your departure.
- Bahamian Customs allows you to bring in 200 cigarettes, or 50 cigars, or 1 pound of tobacco, plus 1 quart of spirits. You can also bring in items classified as “personal effects.” There is no limit to how much money you can bring to the Island.